Workshop Dates and Locations:
Advanced registration and payment suggested to secure a place in the workshop.
Email Ron to register.
WATERCOLOR TECHNIQUE WORKSHOP OUTLINE
Effective use of the color wheel:
- Multiple versions of primary color triads
- Mixing formulas
- Understanding the effective use of staining, transparent and opaque colors
Some of the texturing techniques we will do and their uses:
- Paper stretching and preparation
- Washes: wet-into-dry, bead-wash, wet-into-wet, graded one color & two color, drop in, pours
- Fixing blooms and other mistakes
- Clouds, reverse clouds
- Masking: over white, over color
- Splattering: with color, on dry, on wet, with water on wet paint and dry paper
- Salt and alcohol
- Scratching and bruising
- Dry brush
- Punk brush shortcuts
- Painting with spray bottles
- Plastic wrap texturing
- Floating in color
- People presence not personality. Scale and perspective
- Two brush blending
- Flat brush 1” or 2”
- Round pointed # 8 or larger
- Pallet and basic colors
- Large water container
- Watercolor paper 140 pound or better NOT fixed to a board. We will use about the equivalent of a 16 x 20 sheet that
can then be cut into notebook size pieces if desired.
Participants will do all of the above on art paper while making notations. We will not be doing a painting. The
results of the workshop will be a very valuable workbook of techniques that will be useful in every painting in
the future. I will have handouts for the color wheel part of the workshop. The workshop is approximately four to six hours (depending on the size of the group).
Email Ron for workshop times, availability and prices.